Chances are that you already have the invites sent out, menu carefully chosen, and signature cocktail already purchased. Here are a few tips to ensure your party is a big hit and guests feel like you thought of everything!
- Clear a path to the festivities. Ensure your driveway and any walkways are sufficiently lit and clear of any debris that might make it difficult for your guests to get to the front door. Make sure your address is easily seen from the street and turn on your front porch lights.
- Create a playlist for the evening. A little background music can set the mood for an event, especially in the beginning when only a few guests have arrived. It provides a topic of conversation for guests who don’t know each other that well and is easy to do with all the choices available today including Pandora, Apple Music, and Spotify.
- Consider the flow of traffic. The furniture in your rooms may have been that way for ages but it’s time to shift things around to make room for your guests to mingle, conversate, and easily maneuver towards food/drink. At the very least, clear a path from the front entrance and around the food and place the drink station away from the food, otherwise it gets crowded.
- Adjust the lighting. Everyone loves light that makes them look good. Carefully set the lighting in your home to be enough to see what you are eating but also low enough that is flattering.
- Party décor with double duty. Go easy on the floral arrangements and use your fresh seasonal fruit display or small plants instead. In the winter try mixing up miniature balsams and boxwoods in red and white vases. In the summer use a bowl of lemons and limes or a collection of succulents as your centerpiece. They will last a lot longer and you could send them home with your guests if you’d like.
Want to save these tips for later? Pin the image below:
Looking for cocktail ideas? Check these out.
Looking for a theme idea? Check these out on Pinterest.